Friday, November 5, 2010

The homework problem continued.

     I recently did a post about my young son's eternal quest to find the perfect homework dodge. Even as I sit and write this my son is finding every excuse to ignore my orders to do his homework, and so it goes most days until I get loud, and speaking of that I'll be right back I need to go "Get Loud".
      Ok, I'm back, and predictably his response was to tell me I didn't need to yell, but we all know that's not true, besides I like yelling, I'm good at it, it's the only thing I learned from my mother.
      The other day though I got distracted and forgot to follow up with him, I did not remember to check his homework until it was time for bed. This is when I informed him that if his homework wasn't done he was grounded the following day.
       My son began to protest and argue and stomp, in other words throw a hissy fit. At this point I didn't need to check his homework because it was obviously not done. I then told him "I told you to do your homework and you didn't listen, so if it's not done you're grounded."
      Little one then proceeded to argue with me.
"No, you never told me to do my homework."
"First, I shouldn't have to tell you every day, second, Yes I did tell you."
"No, you didn't tell me."
"Yes, I did tell you and you know it."
"No, you didn't, well...just once or twice."
D'OH

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment