Monday, July 12, 2010

It's a bird eat bird world.

    My youngest son was sitting in the driveway against the car when suddenly a hawk grabs a pigeon and lands just feet from where he was sitting and proceeds to de-feather his fellow bird without realizing  my son was there. In a state of shock at having a 3 foot tall bird sit down next to him for his squab dinner my son ran to get me. Eventually the hawk tired of it's audience and flew into the tree in front of our house.
     This is when it dawned on me that we owned a camera and I managed a few shots of the hawk enjoying his dinner including this one I snapped just before he carried it off to devour it elsewhere, leaving my driveway and front sidewalk scattered with feathers.
     It wasn't until I took a good look that I realized it wasn't just any disease and mite filled vermin the hawk was eating but my very favorite winged scum that had been residing on my garage roof all spring. I had named him Pigeon Patel and watched daily as he fed off the neighbors garbage and crapped on everything it came near. Ah well I hope the hawk enjoyed his meal of sky rat and R.I.P. Pigeon Patel.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment