Thursday, July 15, 2010

Lost In Translation #9

YOU'RE NOT LEAVING THE TABLE UNTIL YOU EAT THAT.

Example:
               Parent: I don't care how much you hate broccoli you're not leaving the table until you eat it. There are starving children in (insert African country here) who would kill for what you have.
              Child: Fine, I'll get a box, you get the stamps and we'll send it to them.

             Parent's Definition: You will sit there and eat that, there is nothing wrong with it. I'm not throwing it and wasting money.
               Child's Definition: Will you please leave the room so I can 1) Hide this in my napkin. 2) Feed it to the dog. 3) Run to the bathroom and flush it. 4) Hide your horrible undercooked french fries under my bed. (Side note, that last one was mine. It didn't work out too well. Sorry Mom.)

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment