Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lost in Translation #5

CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF.

                 Example:
                                Parent: When you are done eating clean up after yourself.
                                 Child: Mumbles something incoherent while stuffing their face with macaroni and cheese.

           Parent's Definition: When you are done with what you are doing completely clean the area you are using and have dirtied.
             Child's Definition: I will pick up one obvious thing so it looks like I tried while not actually putting any effort into cleaning up my mess, that includes the food they dropped all over the floor.
              Notes: Pointing out that they left this mess will only be met with the phrase "I didn't see it." which makes me wonder if all children do not suffer from selective blindness.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment