Saturday, June 26, 2010

Short term memory

    Yesterday my 9 year old was in my bedroom playing some Madden. While he was doing that I was working on the computer in the kitchen.
    Screams of joy and elation burst from the bedroom, my son is jumping up and down and cheering himself horse. "Yeah!" and "Woo hoo!" and other things that sound like "did you see that?" "Touchdown!" and something about Roethlisberger stream out of the bedroom for an unnaturally long time. The jumping is rattling nick knacks and my nerves. So I holler into the bedroom "ok boy that's enough, you can calm down now!" Which he does to my amazement. Wow, he actually listened, so I check the calendar, nope not my birthday.
     A few minutes pass and I finish up what I was doing and go into the bedroom to check up on my son who is still playing Madden and is using the Steelers to put a whooping on the hated Baltimore Ravens, I'm very proud.
    Swelling with this fatherly pride I ask my son about his outburst.
"Did you score a hundred yard touchdown or something?"
"No."
"So what happened?"
"When?"
"A few minutes ago boy."
"What are you talking about."
"When you were screaming and cheering and jumping up and down"
"About what dad?"
"That's what I'm asking you."
"I don't know what you're talking about dad."
"Oh my god, just a few minutes ago you were screaming and yelling and jumping."
"About what?"
"That's what I want to know."
"I don't know what you're talking about."
AAAARRRRGGGGGG!
You will never convince me my children aren't conspiring to drive me crazy.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment